Diagon Alley was a popular shopping location in the wizarding world. It was home to Flourish and Blotts, Ollivanders and Eeylops Owl Emporium among other places. It was the perfect place for students of Hogwarts to shop because they could buy every item on their supply list from there.
There were a few known entrances to Diagon Alley, one being a wall in the Leaky Cauldron. By tapping three times on one of the bricks, the wall opened into an archway which led to the cobblestone alley. Another entrance was the Floo Network.
The nearest shop to the pub was Potage's Cauldron Shop. The bank was snowy-white and towered over the other buildings, with bronze doors. Madam Malkin's was not very far from there. It was a long, cobbled street.
In August 1991, Rubeus Hagrid took Harry Potter to Diagon Alley for the first time. In August 1992, Harry used the Floo Network to join the Weasley family for a day of shopping but got out at the wrong crate. Hagrid found Harry and took him to the correct location. Mr and Mrs Granger took Hermione too. She, Harry and Ron spent a hour walking round together.
In August 1993, Harry stayed at the Leaky Cauldron until September. He had run away and abandoned Privet Drive and headed here to get funds at Gringotts. Cornelius Fudge told Harry not to wander any further than here. He spent every day wandering into shops, purchasing new school things, doing homework and dining at cafés. He saw a few school friends and was eventually joined by Ron and Hermione for the final day of summer.
- Eeylops Owl Emporium
- Flourish and Blotts
- Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
- Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop
- Gringotts Wizarding Bank
- Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions
- Magical Menagerie
- Potage's Cauldron Shop
- Leaky Cauldron
- Twilfitt and Tattings
- Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
- Quality Quidditch Supplies
Harry noticed these shops and products, but a name for their shop was never given:
- The broomstick shop selling the new Nimbus 2000
- Robe shops (at least one was a seller of second-hand robes)
- The shop selling telescopes and strange silver instruments
- Place to purchase Lunascopes
- Place to purchase further Astronomy devices
- The place selling bat spleens and eels' eyes
- The place selling spell books, quills and rolls of parchment and a bottle of ink that changed colour when writing
- The potion bottle shop
- An old shop selling broken wands, broken brass scales and old cloaks
- Cafés that had bright-coloured umbrellas