William Arthur "Bill" Weasley was a character in the Harry Potter books.
Bill was the eldest of Arthur and Molly Weasley's seven children. He attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and was placed in Gryffindor, becoming Prefect and Head Boy. He joined the Order of the Phoenix and fought in the Battle of Hogwarts. He married Fleur Delacour and they later had three children.
Bill Weasley was the eldest child born to Mr and Mrs Weasley on 29 November 1970. He was born during the First Wizarding War, and was aged ten when it ended. He was raised at The Burrow in Devon and had six younger siblings, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, Ron and Ginny.
Notes and sources
- Calendar of Birthdays given by J.K. Rowling (archived by HP Lexicon)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 1
- According to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 1, it ended in October 1981. Bill was ten, but nearly eleven when that happened.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 10